Disaster Management Act, 2005
23. State Plan.-
1. There shall be a plan for disaster management for every State to be called the State Disaster Management Plan.
2. The State Plan shall be prepared by the State Executive Committee having regard to the guidelines laid down by the National Authority and after such consultation with local authorities, district authorities and the people's representatives as the State Executive Committee may deem fit.
3. The State Plan prepared by the State Executive Committee under sub-section (2) shall be approved by the State Authority.
4. The State Plan shall include,-
a. the vulnerability of different parts of the State to different forms of disasters;
b. the measures to be adopted for prevention and mitigation of disasters;
c. the manner in which the mitigation measures shall be integrated with the development plans and projects;
d. the capacity-building and preparedness measures to be taken;
e. the roles and responsibilities of each Department of the Government of the State in relation to the measures specified in clauses (b), (c) and (d) above;
f. the roles and responsibilities of different Departments of the Government of the State in responding to any threatening disaster situation or disaster.
5. The State Plan shall be reviewed and updated annually.
6. Appropriate provisions shall be made by the State Government for financing for the measures to be carried out under the State Plan.
7. Copies of the State Plan referred to in sub-sections (2) and (5) shall be made available to the Departments of the Government of the State and such Departments shall draw up their own plans in accordance with the State Plan.