Disaster Management Act, 2005
11. National Plan.-
1. There shall be drawn up a plan for disaster management for the whole of the country to be called the National Plan.
2. The National Plan shall be prepared by the National Executive Committee having regard to the National Policy and in consultation with the State Governments and expert bodies or organisations in the field of disaster management to be approved by the National Authority.
3. The National Plan shall include-
a. measures to be taken for the prevention of disasters, or the mitigation of their effects;
b. measures to be taken for the integration of mitigation measures in the development plans;
c. measures to be taken for preparedness and capacity building to effectively respond to any threatening disaster situations or disaster;
d. roles and responsibilities of different Ministries or Departments of the Government of India in respect of measures specified in clauses (a), (b) and (c).
4. The National Plan shall be reviewed and updated annually.
5. Appropriate provisions shall be made by the Central Government for financing the measures to be carried out under the National Plan.
6. Copies of the National Plan referred to in sub-sections (2) and (4) shall be made available to the Ministries or Departments of the Government of India and such Ministries or Departments shall draw up their own plans in accordance with the National Plan.