5. Trial of offences.-
Any offence under this Act may be inquired into, dealt with, tried and punished in 5[any 6[State]] in which the person charged with the offence was apprehended or is in custody, in the same manner and to the same extent as if the offence had been committed within the State where he was apprehended or is in custody.
1. Extended to Union territory of Pondicherry by Act 26 of 1968, s. 3 and the Schedule.
2. Omitted by Act 2 of 1973, s. 2.
3. Subs. by the Adaptation of Laws (No. 3) Order, 1956.
4. Subs., ibid., for "any Part A State".
5. Subs. by the A.O. 1950, for "any Province of India".
6. Subs. by the Adaptation of Laws (No. 3) Order, 1956, for "Part A or Part C State".