40. Indemnity of directors.
(1) Every director of the Board shall be indemnified by the Corporation against all losses and expenses incurred by him in, or in relation to, the discharge of his duties except such as are caused by his own willful act or default.
1. Ins. by Act 21 of 1978, s. 8 (w.e.f. 15-7-1978).
2. Ins. by Act 56 of 1968, s. 12 (w.e.f. 1-7-1971).
3. Subs. by s. 2, ibid., for "the Banking Companies Act, 1949" (w.e.f. 1-7-1971).
4. Subs. by Act 21 of 1978, s. 8, for certain words (w.e.f. 15-7-1978).
5. Section 39 re-numbered as sub-section (1) thereof by s. 8, ibid. (w.e.f. 15-7-1978).
6. Ins. by Act 30 of 2005, s. 34 and the Schedule (w.e.f. 14-12-2006).
(2) A director of the Board shall not be responsible for any other director or for any other officer or other employee of the Corporation, or for any loss or expenses resulting to the Corporation from the insufficiency or deficiency of value of or title to any property or security acquired or taken on behalf of the Corporation or the insolvency or wrongful act of any debtor or any person under obligation to the Corporation or anything done in good faith in the execution of the duties of his office or in relation thereto.