9.The Executive Committee.-
(1) The Council shall constitute from among its members an Executive Committee, and may so constitute other Committees for such general or special purposes as the Council considers necessary for carrying out its functions under this Act.
(2) The Executive Committee shall consist of the President and Vice-President ex officio 1[and the Director-General of Health Services ex officio] and five other members elected by the Council.
(3) The President and Vice-President of the Council shall be Chairman and Vice-Chairman, respectively, of the Executive Committee.
(4) A member of the Executive Committee shall hold office as such until the expiry of his term of office as member of the Council but, subject to his being a member of the Council, he shall be eligible for re-election.
(5) In addition to the powers and duties conferred and imposed on it by this Act, the Executive Committee shall exercise and discharge such powers and duties as may be prescribed.