55. Power to make rules.-
(1) The 1[State] Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules to carry out the purposes of Chapters III, IV and V.
(2) In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for-
(a) the management of the property of the 1[State] Council, and the maintenance and audit of its accounts;
(b) the manner in which elections under Chapter III shall be conducted;
(c) the summoning and holding of meetings of the 1[State] Council, the times and places at which such meetings shall be held, the conduct of business thereat and the number of members necessary to form a quorum;
(d) the powers and duties of the President and Vice-President of the 1[State] Council;
(e) the constitution and functions of the Executive Committee, the summoning and holding of meetings thereof, the times and places at which such meetings shall be held, the number of members necessary to constitute a quorum;
(f) the term of office and the powers and duties of the Registrar and other officers and servants of the 1[State] Council, including the amount and nature of the security to be given by the Treasurer;
(g) the particulars to be stated, and the proof of qualifications to be given in applications for registration under this Act;
2[(gg) the form of application for transfer of registration from one State to another;]
3[(h) the charge for supplying printed copies of the registers, and the fees payable for-
(i) registration or renewal of registration;
(ii) supplying a duplicate certificate of registration or renewal; and
(iii) transfer of registration from one State to another;
(i) the forms of certificates of registration and renewal;]
(j) any other matter which is to be or may be prescribed under Chapters III, IV and V, except sub-sections (1), (2), (3) and (4) of section 54.
4[(3) Every rule made by the State Government under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before the State Legislature.]
1. Subs. by the A.O. 1950, for "Provincial".
2. Ins. by Act 42 of 1972, s. 27 (w.e.f. 1-11-1972).
3. Subs. by s. 27, ibid., for clauses (h) and (i) (w.e.f. 1-11-1972).
4. Ins. by Act 4 of 1986, s. 2 and the Schedule (w.e.f. 15-5-1986).