46. Effect of registration.-
(1) Any reference in any other law to a person recognised by law as a dentist shall be deemed to be a reference to a dentist registered under this Act.
(2) No certificate required by or under any other law from a dentist shall be valid unless the person signing it is registered as a dentist under this Act.
(3) After the expiry of 1[three years] from 2[the date appointed under sub-section (2) of section 32], a person who is not registered in Part A of the 3[State] register of dentists shall not, except with the sanction of 4[the Central Government or the State Government] hold any appointment as dentist in any dispensary, hospital or other institution 5*** which is supported wholly or partially from public or local funds: Provided that the provisions of this sub-section shall not apply to any such person who is holding such an appointment 6[immediately before the said date].
(4) After the expiry of two years from the publication of a register of dental hygienists in a 7[State], no person whose name is not entered in that register shall hold appointment as dental hygienist in any dispensary, hospital or other institution in the 7[State] which is supported wholly or partially from public or local funds.
(5) Any person who is a registered dentist, registered dental hygienist or registered dental mechanic in a 7[State] may practise as such in any other 7[State].
1. Subs. by the A.O. 1950, for "Provincial".
2. Ins. by Act 42 of 1972, s. 22 (w.e.f. 1-11-1972).
3. Ins. by Act 12 of 1955, s. 12.
4. Subs. by the A.O. 1950, for "Province".
5. Ins. by Act 42 of 1972, s. 23 (w.e.f. 1-11-1972).