41. Removal from register.-
(1) Subject to the provisions of this section, the 1[State] Council may order that the name of any person shall be removed from any register where it is satisfied, after giving that person a reasonable opportunity of being heard and after such further inquiry, if any, as it may think fit to make,-
(i) that his name has been entered in the register by error or on account of misrepresentation or suppression of a material fact, or
(ii) that he has been convicted of any offence or has been guilty of any infamous conduct in any professional respect 2[or has violated the standards of professional conduct and etiquette or the code of ethics prescribed under section 17A], which in the opinion of the 1[State] Council renders him unfit to be kept in the register, 3[or]
3[(iii) that he having been permitted temporary registration under clause (b) of sub-section (2) of section 34 has, on such registration, been found to practise the profession of dentistry for personal gain.]
(2) An order under sub-section (1) may direct that any person whose name is ordered to be removed from a register shall be ineligible for registration in the 4[State] under this Act either permanently or for such period of years as may be specified.
(3) An order under sub-section (1) shall not take effect until the expiry of three months from the date thereof.
(4) A person aggrieved by an order under sub-section (1) may, within thirty days from the date thereof, appeal to the 1[State] Government, and the order of the 1[State] Government upon such appeal shall be final.
(5) A person whose name has been removed from the register under this section or under sub-section (2) of section 39 shall forthwith surrender his certificate of registration 2[and certificate of renewal, if any,] to the Registrar, and the name so removed shall be published in the Official Gazette.
3[(6) A person whose name has been removed from the State register of dentists under this section or under sub-section (2) of section 39 shall not be entitled to have his name registered in the register of dentists in any other State register of dentists except with the approval of the State Council from whose register his name has been removed.]