39. Renewal fees.-
(1) The 1[State] Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, direct that for the retention of a name in a register after the 31st day of December of the year following the year in which the name is first entered in the register, there shall be paid annually to the 1[State] Council such renewal fee as may be prescribed in respect of each register, and where such direction has been made, such renewal fee shall be due to be paid before the 1st day of April of the year to which it relates.
(2) Where a renewal fee is not paid before the due date, the Registrar shall remove the name of the defaulter from the register: Provided that a name so removed may be restored to the register on payment in such manner as may be prescribed.
3[(3) On payment of the renewal fee, the Registrar shall issue a certificate of renewal and such certificate shall be proof of renewal of registration.]
1. Subs. by the A.O. 1950, for "Provincial".
2. Subs., ibid., for "Province".
3. Subs. by Act 42 of 1972, s. 21, for sub-section (3) (w.e.f. 1-11-1972).
4. Ins. by Act 12 of 1955, s. 11.