35. Scrutiny of applications for registration.-
(1) After the date appointed for the receipt of applications for registration in the first register of dentists, all applications for registration shall be addressed to the Registrar of the 3[State] Council and shall be accompanied by the prescribed fee.
(2) If upon such application the Registrar is of opinion that the applicant is entitled to have his name entered on the register, he shall enter thereon the name of the applicant: Provided that no person, whose name has under the provisions of this Act been removed from the register of any 4[State], shall be entitled to have his name entered on the register except with the approval of the 3[State] Council from whose register his name was removed.
(3) Any person whose application for registration is rejected by the Registrar may, within three months from the date of such rejection, appeal to the 3[State] Council, and the decision of the 3[State] Council thereon shall be final.
(4) Upon entry in the register of a name under this section, the Registrar shall issue a certificate of registration in the prescribed form .
1. Ins. by Act 42 of 1972, s. 20 (w.e.f. 1-11-1972).
2. The words "irrespective of any considerations of reciprocity" omitted by s. 20, ibid. (w.e.f. 1-11-1972).
3. Subs. by the A.O. 1950, for "Provincial".
4. Subs., ibid., for "Province".
5. Ins. by the Madras Adaptation of Laws Order, 1954.