3[State] Dental Councils
21. Constitution and Composition of State Councils.-
Except where a Joint 3[State] Council is constituted in accordance with an agreement made under section 22, the 3[State] Government shall constitute a 3[State] Council consisting of the following members, namely:-
(a) four members elected from among themselves by dentists registered in Part A of the 3[State] register;
(b) four members elected from among themselves by dentists registered in Part B of the 3[State] register;
5[(c) the heads of dental colleges, if any, in the State which train students for any of the recognised dental qualifications included in Part I of the Schedule, ex officio;]
(d) one member elected from amongst themselves by the members of the Medical Council or the Council of Medical Registration of the 6[State], as the case may be; 7***
(e) three members nominated by the 3[State] Government; 8[and]
8[(f) the Chief Medical Officer of the State, by whatever name called, ex officio:]
1[Provided that in the State of Saurashtra 2[as it existed before the 1st November, 1956], the State Dental Council constituted under Saurashtra Ordinance XXV of 1948, as amended by Saurashtra Ordinance XL of 1949, shall be deemed to the State Council constituted under this Act.]
1. Ins. by Act 30 of 1993, s. 3 (w.e.f. 27-8-1992).
2. Ins. by Act 40 of 2016, s. 3 (w.e.f. 24-5-2016).
3. Subs. by the A.O. 1950, for "Provincial".
4. Ins. by Act 4 of 1986, s. 2 and the Schedule (w.e.f. 15-5-1986).
5. Subs. by Act 12 of 1955, s. 7, for clause (c).
6. Subs. by the A.O. 1950, for "Province".
7. The word "and" omitted by Act 42 of 1972, s. 15 (w.e.f. 1-11-1972).
8. Ins. by s. 15, ibid. (w.e.f. 1-11-1972).