16. Withdrawal of recognition.-
(1) When upon report by the Executive Committee it appears to the Council-
(a) that the courses of study and training or the examinations to be undergone in order to obtain a recognised 1*** dental hygiene qualification from any authority in a 2[State] 3*** or the conditions for admission to such courses or the standards of proficiency required from the candidates at such examinations are not in conformity with regulations made under this Act or fall short of the standards required thereby, or
(b) that an institution does not satisfy the requirements of the Council,
the Council may send to the Government of the 4[States] in which the authority or institution is situated a statement to such, effect, and the 5[State] Government shall forward it, along with such remarks as it may think fit, to the authority or institution concerned with an intimation of the period within which the authority or institution may submit its explanation to the 5[State] Government.
(2) On receipt of the explanation, or where no explanation is submitted within the period fixed, then on the expiry of the period, the 5[State] Government shall after consulting the 5[State] Council, forward its recommendations and those of the 5[State] Council, if any, to the Council.
(3) The Council, after considering the recommendations of the 5[State] Government and the State Council and after such further inquiry, if any, as it may think fit to make, may declare that the qualification granted by the authority or institution shall be a recognised 1*** dental hygiene qualification only when granted before a specified date.
(4) The Council may declare that any recognised 1*** dental hygiene qualification granted outside the 4[States] 3*** shall be recognised as such only if granted before a specified date.
1. The words "dental or" omitted by Act 42 of 1972, s. 10 (w.e.f. 1-11-1972).
2. Subs. by the A.O. 1950, for "Province".
3. The words "of India" omitted, ibid.
4. Subs., ibid, for "Provinces".
5. Subs., ibid, for "Provincial".
6. Ins. by Act 42 of 1972, s. 11 (w.e.f. 1-11-1972).