16. Election of office bearers.-
(1) The Committee shall, at its first meeting after the election of the pro tempore Chairman under sub-section (4) of section 15, elect from amongst its members a President, who shall conduct the election of other office-bearers and members of the Executive Board under this section.
(2) The Committee shall also at its first meeting elect from amongst its members a Senior Vice-President, Junior Vice-President, General Secretary and a Joint Secretary (hereinafter referred to as office-bearers of the Committee), and shall also at the same meeting in like manner elect ten of its members to be members of the Executive Board of the Committee, and the office-bearers and members so elected shall be the Executive Board of the Committee.
(4) No member of the Committee shall, at the same time, hold any of the offices referred to in sub-section (1) or sub-section (2) in more than one capacity.
(5) The President and other members of the Executive Board elected under sub-section (1) or sub-section (2) shall hold office for a term of one year but shall be eligible for re-election for one more term only:
Provided that an outgoing office-bearer or member shall continue in office until election of his successor is held.
(6) The election of the President and other office-bearers and members of the Executive Board under sub-section (1) or sub-section (2) or any subsequent annual election to any of those offices shall be held in such manner as may be prescribed by rules.
(7) The provisions of sub-section (2) of section 5 shall apply so far as may be to the filling of a casual vacancy in the 2[office of the President, any other office-bearer or member of the Executive Board] as they apply in relation to casual vacancies in the membership of the Committee.