(1) The Administrator shall, by notification, constitute a Tribunal, to be known as the "Delhi School Tribunal", consisting of one person:
Provided that no person shall be so appointed unless he has held office as a District Judge or any equivalent judicial office.
(2) If any vacancy, other than a temporary absence, occurs in the office of the presiding officer of the Tribunal, the Administrator shall appoint another person, in accordance with the provisions of this section, to fill the vacancy and the proceedings may be continued before the Tribunal from the stage at which the vacancy is filled.
(3) The Administrator shall make available to the Tribunal such staff as may be necessary in the discharge of its functions under this Act.
(4) All expenses incurred in connection with the Tribunal shall be defrayed out of the Consolidated Fund of India.
(5) The Tribunal shall have power to regulate its own procedure in all matters arising out of the discharge of its functions including the place or places at which it shall hold its sittings.
(6) The Tribunal shall for the purpose of disposal of an appeal preferred under this Act have the same powers as are vested in a court of appeal by the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 (5 of 1908) and shall also have the power to stay the operation of the order appealed against on such terms as it may think fit.