41. Compensation for injury caused by unlawful assembly how recoverable.-
(1) When any loss or damage is caused to any property or when death results or grievous hurt is caused to any person or persons, by anything done in the prosecution of the common object of an unlawful assembly, the Administrator may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify the area (hereafter in this section called the "disturbed area") in which, and the date on which or the period during which, such unlawful assembly was, in his opinion, held.
(2) On the issue of a notification under sub-section (1), the District Collector may, after such inquiry as he deems necessary, determine the amount of the compensation which, in his opinion, should be paid to any person or persons in respect of the loss or damage or death or grievous hurt aforesaid.
(3) The amount of the compensation shall be deemed to be a fine imposed under this section, and shall be payable by the inhabitants of the disturbed area.
(4) It shall be lawful for the District Collector to exempt, by order in writing and for sufficient reasons, any person from liability to pay any portion of the compensation amount.