Special Measures for Maintenance of Public Order and Security of State
38. Employment of additional police to keep peace.-
(1) The Commissioner of Police may, on the application of any person, depute any additional number of police to keep the peace, to preserve order, to enforce any of the provisions of this Act or of any other law in respect of any particular class or classes of offences or to perform any other duties imposed on the police at any place in Delhi.
(2) Such additional police shall be employed at the cost (which shall be determined by the Commissioner of Police in accordance with the rules made in this behalf) of the person making the application, but shall be subject to the orders of the police authorities and shall be employed for such period as the Commissioner of Police considers necessary.
(3) If the person upon whose application such additional police are employed shall at any time make a written requisition to the Commissioner of Police for the withdrawal of the said police, he shall be relieved from the cost thereof at the expiration of such period not exceeding one week from the date of the delivery of such requisition as the Commissioner of Police shall determine.
(4) Where there is any dispute as to the amount to be paid by way of cost, the Commissioner of Police shall, on an application made in that behalf by the aggrieved party, refer the matter to the District Collector, whose decision thereon shall be final.