112. Penalty for not obtaining licence in respect of place of public entertainment or certificate of registration in respect of eating house or for not renewing such licence or certificate within prescribed period.-
(1) Whoever fails to obtain a licence under this Act in respect of a place of public entertainment or a certificate of registration thereunder in respect of any eating house, or to renew the licence or the certificate, as the case may be, within the prescribed period shall, on conviction, be punished with fine which may extend to fifty rupees.
(2) Any court trying any such offence shall in addition direct that the person keeping the place of public entertainment, or the eating house, in respect of which the offence has been committed shall close such place, or eating house until he obtains a licence or fresh licence, or a certificate of registration or fresh certificate of registration, as the case may be, in respect thereof and thereupon such person shall forthwith comply with such direction.
(3) If the person fails to comply with any such direction, he shall, on conviction, be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to one month or with fine which may extend to two hundred rupees or with both.
(4) Without prejudice to any action taken under sub-section (3), on the failure of such person to comply with the direction of the court, any police officer authorised by the Commissioner of Police, by an order in writing, may take or cause to be taken such steps and use or cause to be used such force as may, in the opinion of such officer, be reasonably necessary for securing compliance with the court's direction.