9. Publication of the final list and consequences thereof.-
(1) Any person aggrieved by an entry in the list published under sub-section (3) of section 6 may, within thirty days from the date of publication thereof in the Official Gazette, file objections thereto before the Deputy Commissioner:
Provided that the Deputy Commissioner may entertain the objection after the expiry of the said period of thirty days, if he is satisfied that the objector was prevented by sufficient cause from filing the objection in time.
(2) The Deputy Commissioner or any other officer authorised in this behalf by the Chief Commissioner may, after considering the objections and after giving the objector or his representatives an opportunity of being heard in the matter, approve or modify the list
(3) The list as approved or modified under sub-section (2) shall then be published in the Official Gazette and also in such other manner as may be prescribed and, subject to the provisions of this Act, the list shall be final.
(4) With effect from the date of the publication of the list in the Official Gazette under sub-section (3), the excess land shall stand transferred to, and vest in, the Government free of all encumbrances or, as the case may be, the excess land shall stand restored to the Bhumidhar or the Bhumidhari rights in respect of the excess land shall stand transferred to the Asami free of all encumbrances.
1. Subs. by Act 15 of 1976, s. 7, for section 7 (w.e.f. 8-12-1975).