6. Procedure for determination of excess land.-
(1) On receipt of any return under section 4 or information under section 5 or otherwise, the competent authority shell, after giving the persons affected an opportunity of being heard, hold an inquiry in such manner as may be prescribed, and having regard to the provisions of section 7 and section 8 or of any rules that may be made in this behalf, it shall determine-
(a) the total area of land held by each person representing the family;
(b) the specific parcels of land which he may retain;
(c) the land held by him in excess of the ceiling limit;
(d) whether such excess land is held by him as a Bhumidhar or as an Asami;
(e) the excess land in respect of which Bhumidhari rights may be acquired by an Asami;
(f) the excess land which may be restored to a Bhumidhar;
(g) the excess land which shall vest in the Government; and
(h) such other matters as may be prescribed.
2[(2) For the purpose of determining the excess land under this section any land transferred by sale, gift or otherwise (other than a bona fide sale under a registered deed for valuable consideration) at any time during the period between the appointed day and the commencement of the Delhi Land Holdings
(Ceiling) Amendment Act, 1976, shall, notwithstanding such transfer, be deemed to be held by the transferor and the burden of proving the transfer by sale as bona fide shall be on the transferor.
(3) The competent authority shall prepare a list in the prescribed form containing the particulars determined by him under sub-section (1) and shall cause every such list to be published in the Official Gazette and also in such other manner as may be prescribed.]
1. Subs. by Act 15 of 1976, s. 5, for certain words (w.e.f. 8-12-1975).
2. Subs. by s. 6, ibid., for sub-section (2) (w.e.f. 8-12-1975).