The Delhi High Court Act, 1966
17. Extension of the jurisdiction of the High Court of Delhi.-
(1) As from such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint hereinafter referred to as the prescribed date), the jurisdiction of the High Court of Delhi shall extend to the Union territory of Himachal Pradesh.
(2) As from the prescribed date the Court of the Judicial Commissioner for Himachal Pradesh shall cease to function and is hereby abolished:
Provided that nothing in this sub-section shall prejudice or affect the continued operation of any notice served, injunction issued, direction given, or proceedings taken before the prescribed date by the Court of the Judicial Commissioner for Himachal Pradesh abolished by this sub-section.
(3) The High Court of Delhi shall have, in respect of the territories for the time being included in the Union territory of Himachal Pradesh,-
(a) all such original, appellate and other jurisdiction as under the law in force immediately before the prescribed date, is exercisable in respect of the said territories by the Court of the Judicial Commissioner for Himachal Pradesh; and also
(b) ordinary original civil jurisdiction in every suit the value of which exceeds 1[fifty thousand rupees], notwithstanding anything contained in any law for the time being in force.
(4) All proceedings pending in the Court of the Judicial Commissioner for Himachal Pradesh before the prescribed date shall stand transferred to the High Court of Delhi.
(5) Any order made before the prescribed date by the Court referred to in sub-section (4) shall for all purposes have effect not only as an order of that Court but also as an order of the High Court of Delhi.
(6) For the removal of doubts, it is hereby declared that the provisions of sections 6 to 11 and 13 shall, with the necessary modifications, apply to the High Court of Delhi in the exercise of jurisdiction conferred upon it by this section.
(7) All proceedings pending immediately before the prescribed date in any subordinate court in the Union territory of Himachal Pradesh in or in relation to any such civil suit as is referred to in clause (b) of sub-section (3) shall on that date stand transferred to the High Court of Delhi which shall proceed to try, hear and determine the matter as if it had been pending therein.
1. Subs. by Act 37 of 1969, s. 4, for "twenty-five thousand rupees" (w.e.f. 1-10-1969).