57. Power to make regulations.
(1) 6[The Authority, with the previous approval of the Central Government, may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make regulations] consistent with this Act and the rules made thereunder, to carry out the purposes of this Act, and without prejudice to the generality of this power, such regulations may provide for
(a) the summoning and holding of meetings of the Authority, the time and place where such meetings are to be held, the conduct of business at such meetings and the number of members necessary to form a quorum thereat;
7[(aa) the summoning and holding of meetings of a committee constituted under section 5A, the time and place where such meetings are to be held, the conduct of business at such meetings, and the number of members necessary to form a quorum thereat and the fees and allowances payable to the members for attending the meetings or any other work of the Authority;]
1. Subs. by Act 56 of 1963, s. 28, for clause (g) (w.e.f. 30-12-1963).
2. Omitted by s. 28, ibid. (w.e.f. 30-12-1963).
3. Ins. by s. 28, ibid. (w.e.f. 30-12-1963).
4. Subs. by Act 36 of 1996, s. 2, for "Administrator" (w.e.f. 21-12-1996).
5. Ins. by Act 38 of 1984, s. 11 (w.e.f. 24-2-1986).
6. Subs. by Act 4 of 1976, s. 3, for certain words (w.e.f. 24-1-1976).
7. Ins. by Act 56 of 1963, s. 29 (w.e.f. 30-12-1963).
(b) the powers and duties of the secretary and chief accounts officer of the Authority;
(c) the salaries, allowances and conditions of service of the secretary, chief accounts officer and other officers and employees;
(d) the procedure for the carrying out of the functions of the Authority under Chapter III;
(e) the form in which any application for permission under sub-section (1) of section 13 shall be made and the particulars to be furnished in such application;
(f) the terms and conditions subject to which user of lands and buildings in contravention of plans may be continued;
(h) the manner of communicating the grounds of refusal of permission for development;
(i) the form of the register of applications for permission and the particulars to be contained in such register;
(j) the management of the properties of the Authority;
(k) the time and manner of payment of betterment charge; and
(l) any other matter which has to be, or may be, prescribed by regulations.
(2) Until the Authority is established under this Act, any regulation which may be made undersub-section (1) may be made by the Central Government; and any regulation so made may be altered or rescinded by the Authority in exercise of its powers under sub-section (1).