5. Advisory Council.
(1) The Authority shall, as soon as may be, constitute an advisory council for the purpose of advising the Authority on the preparation of the master plan and 6[on such other matters relating to the planning of development, or] arising out of, or in connection with, the administration of this Act as may be referred to it by the Authority.
(2) The advisory council shall consist of the following members, namely:
(a) the chairman of the Authority, ex officio, who shall be the president;
(b) two persons with knowledge of town planning or architecture to be nominated by the Central Government;
1. Ins. by Act 56 of 1963, s. 3 (w.e.f. 30-12-1963).
2. Subs. by s. 3, ibid., for sub-sections (4) and (5) (w.e.f. 30-12-1963).
3. Subs. by s. 3, ibid., for "two members" (w.e.f. 30-12-1963).
4. Certain words, brackets and letter omitted by Act 19 of 1966, s. 36 (w.e.f. 7-9-1966).
5. Subs. by s. 36, ibid., for sub-sections (7) and (8) (w.e.f. 7-9-1966).
6. Subs. by Act 56 of 1963, s. 4, for certain words (w.e.f. 30-12-1963).
(c) one representative of the Health Services of Delhi administration to be nominated by the Central Government;
(d) four representatives of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi to be elected by the councillors and aldermen from among themselves;
1[(e) two persons representing the Delhi Electric Supply Committee and the Delhi Water Supply and Sewage Disposal Committee of the said Corporation, of whom
(i) one shall be elected by the members of the Delhi Electric Supply Committee from among themselves; and
(ii) one shall be elected by the members of the Delhi Water Supply and Sewage Disposal Committee from among themselves;
(ee) one representative of the Delhi Transport Corporation to be nominated by the Central Government;]
(f) three persons to be nominated by the Central Government of whom one shall represents the interests of commerce and industry and one, the interests of labour, in Delhi;
(g) four persons from the technical departments of the Central Government to be nominated by that Government; and
(h) three members of Parliament of whom two shall be members of the House of the People and one shall be a member of the Council of States to be elected respectively by the members of the House of the People and the members of the Council of States.
(3) The Council shall meet as and when necessary and shall have the power to regulate its own procedure.
(4) An elected member shall hold office for a term of four years from the date of his election to the council and shall be eligible for re-election:
Provided that such term shall come to an end as soon as the member ceases to be a member of the body from which he was elected.