4[34A. Certain offences to be cognizable.
The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2 of 1974), shall apply to an offence under sub-section (1) of section 29 as if it were a cognizable offence,
(i) for the purposes of investigation of such offence, and (ii) for the purposes of all matters other than
(1) matters referred to in section 42 of that Code, and
(2) arrest of a person except on the complaint of, or upon information received from:
(a) such officer of the Authority not below the rank of a Director as may be appointed by the 2[Lieutenant Governor] of the 3[National capital territory of Delhi], if the offence is committed in relation to a development area;
(b) such officer of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi not below the rank of a Deputy Commissioner as may be appointed by the 2[Lieutenant Governor] of the 3[National capital territory of Delhi], if the offence is committed in relation to any area within the local limits of that Corporation; or
1. Subs. by Act 56 of 1963, s. 16, for sub-section (1) (w.e.f. 30-12-1963).
2. Subs. by Act 36 of 1996, s. 2, for "Administrator" (w.e.f. 21-12-1996).
3. Subs. by s. 2, ibid., for "Union territory of Delhi" (w.e.f. 21-12-1996).
4. Ins. by Act 38 of 1984, s. 7 (w.e.f. 24-2-1986).
(c) the Secretary, New Delhi Municipal Committee, if the offence is committed in relation to any area within the local limits of that Committee:
Provided that no offence which relates to any deviation from the permission, approval or sanction given under section 12 and which could be compounded under the provisions of this Act, shall be cognizable.]