Land Development Boards and Land Development Schemes
3. Constitution of Land Development Boards.-
(1) As soon as may be after the commencement of this Act, the Chief Commissioner shall, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint an officer to be called the Land Development Commissioner and constitute for the 4[State] a Land Development Board consisting of the following members, namely:-
(a) the Land Development Commissioner, who shall be the Chairman of the Board,
(b) two official members who shall be persons of experience in agriculture or irrigation engineering, and
(c) two non-official members.
(2) A non-official member may, at any time by notice in writing to the Chairman, resign his office.
(3) The Chief Commissioner may, at any time, remove from the Board any member who is guilty of any action involving moral turpitude.
(4) No act done by the Board shall be questioned on the ground merely of the existence of any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Board.
(5) If there is a difference of opinion among the members of the Board regarding any question the decision of the majority of the members present and voting shall prevail, and in case of equality of votes the Chairman shall have a casting vote.
(6) The Board may appoint one of the official members to be the Secretary of the Board.
(7) The Chief Commissioner may invest the Land Development Commissioner with all or any of the powers of a Deputy Commissioner or a Collector under any law for the time being in force in the 1[State] of Delhi or 2[Ajmer], as the case may be.