10. Works to be carried out by Government at owner's expense.-
(1) Where under the scheme any work is to be carried out on any land at the expense of the owner or owners thereof, and such owner, or any of such owners, is willing to carry out the work, he may give notice to that effect in writing to the Land Development Commissioner within twenty-one days of the coming into force of the scheme.
(2) On receipt of such notice the Land Development Commissioner shall furnish the owner with full details of the work, and fix the date before which the owner shall carry out the work.
(3) If the owner fails to carry out the work to the satisfaction of the Land Development Commissioner before the date fixed by him, or if the owner at any time informs the Land Development Commissioner in writing of his inability to do so, the Land Development Commissioner may get the work carried out by such agency as he thinks fit and the expenses incurred by him in carrying out the work shall be recovered from the owner as arrears of land revenue.
(4) Where any work is carried out in pursuance of this section by one or more of several owners, the other owners shall be liable to contribute towards the expenses incurred by him or them such amount as the Board may determine.