23. Employment of technical personnel in the national service.-
(1) Subject to any rules made in this behalf under this Chapter, the Central Government may require a National Service Tribunal to report what technical personnel, whether employed in an establishment or not, is available within its jurisdiction for employment in the national service and may by order in writing,-
(a) require the employer in any establishment by which such technical personnel is employed to release such personnel as may be specified in the order, for employment in the national service;
(b) direct any technical personnel to undertake such employment in the national service as may be specified in the order;
(c) direct that any technical personnel engaged in any establishment under conditions not amounting to employment in the national service shall, for the purposes of sub-section (8), be deemed to have been taken into employment in the national service; and
(d) require any notified establishment, notwithstanding that it has not made any application under section 22, to take into its employment such technical personnel within such period as may be specified in the order.
(2) Notwithstanding anything in sub-section (1), a National Service Tribunal may-
(a) exercise the powers conferred on the Central Government by clauses (a) and (b) of sub-section (1);
(b) require by order any employer to give training in his establishment to persons for qualifying them as technical personnel;
(c) direct by order technical personnel to present themselves at such place and time as may be specified in the order for interview or inquiry, and if so required, for submission to a test of their technical skill.
(3) Any order made by the Central Government under sub-section (1) and by a National Service Tribunal under sub-section (2) shall be complied with within such period or on such date as may be specified in this behalf in the order.
(4) The Central Government or, as the case may be, a National Service Tribunal, may, by order in writing, transfer technical personnel from one form or place of employment in the national service to another; and the employer and the personnel concerned shall comply with such order.
(5) No person included in the definition of technical personnel, who has been directed to undertake employment in the national service or transferred from one form or place of employment to another under the foregoing provisions, shall be discharged from or leave his employment in such service unless the employer or person concerned has previously obtained the permission of the Central Government or, as the case may be, of the National Service Tribunal.
(6) Any person included in the definition of technical personnel who is required to undertake employment in the national service or transferred from one form or place of employment to another under the foregoing provisions of this section, may be required by the Central Government, or, as the case may be, the National Service Tribunal concerned, to submit himself to be examined by such medical authority as may be prescribed.
(7) An appeal shall lie to the Central Government against any order passed by a National Service Tribunal under this section and the decision of the Central Government shall be final.
(8) The terms of service of technical personnel taken into employment in the national service shall be such as may be prescribed: Provided that any rights which such technical personnel may have under the provident or superannuation fund or other scheme relating to gratuity, bonus or other benefit for the advantage of employees maintained by the establishment from which they are released shall be preserved.