The Dam Safety Act, 2021
National Dam Safety Authority
8. Establishment of National Dam Safety Authority.-
(1) With effect from such date as the Central Government may by notification, appoint, there shall be established for the purposes of this Act, a National Dam Safety Authority, within a period of sixty days from the date of commencement of this Act.
(2) The Authority shall be headed by an officer not below the rank of Additional Secretary to the Government of India or equivalent to be appointed by the Central Government who have knowledge of, and adequate qualification, experience and capacity in, dealing with problems relating to the dam engineering and dam safety management.
(3) The headquarters of the Authority shall be at the National Capital territory of Delhi and the Authority may establish offices at other places in India.
(4) The Authority shall comply with such directions as may, from time to time, be given to it by the Central Government.