The Dam Safety Act, 2021
40. Reports of comprehensive evaluation.-
(1) The owner of a specified dam shall report the results of the dam safety evaluation undertaken under section 38 or section 39 to the State Dam Safety
(2) The reports referred to in sub-section (1) shall include, but not be limited to, -
(a) assessment of the condition of the structure based on the visual observations and available data on the design, hydrology, construction, operation, maintenance and performance of the structure;
(b) recommendations for any emergency measures or actions, if required, to assure the immediate safety of the structure;
(c) recommendations for remedial measures and actions related to design, construction, operation, maintenance and inspection of the structure, if required;
(d) recommendations for additional detailed studies, investigations and analysis, if required; and
(e) recommendations for improvements in routine maintenance and inspection of dam, if required.
(3) Where the safety evaluations undertaken under section 38 or section 39, results in recommendations for a remedial action, the State Dam Safety Organisation shall pursue with the owner of the specified dam to ensure that remedial measures are carried out in time, for which the owner shall provide adequate funds.
(4) Where there is any unresolved matter emerging between an independent panel of experts referred to in sub section (1) of section 38 and the owner of the specified dam, the matter shall be referred to the State Dam Safety Organisation, and, in case no agreement is arrived at, the matter shall be referred to the Authority which shall render its advice and send recommendations to the State Government concerned for implementation.