51. Control of Central Government.-
(1) The Central Government may remove from the Corporation any member who in its opinion-
(a) refuses to act,
(b) has become incapable of acting,
(c) has so abused his position as a member as to render his continuance on the Corporation detrimental to the interest of the public, or
(d) is otherwise unsuitable to continue as member.
(2) The Central Government may suspend any member pending an enquiry against him.
(3) No order of removal under this section shall be made unless the member concerned has been given an opportunity to submit his explanation to the Central Government, and when such order is passed the seat of the member removed shall be declared vacant and another member may be appointed under section 4 to fill up the vacancy.
(4) A member who has been removed shall not be eligible for reappointment as member or in any other capacity to the Corporation.
(5) The Central Government may declare void any transaction in connection with which a member has been removed under sub-section (1).
(6) If the Corporation fails to carry out its functions, or follow the directions issued by the Central Government under this Act, the Central Government shall have the power to remove the Chairman and the members of the Corporation and appoint a Chairman and members in their places.