23. Power to close roads and open spaces.-
(1) The Corporation may, after giving notice to the persons concerned or to the public generally, -
(a) turn, divert or discontinue the public use of, or permanently close, any road or any part thereof, or
(b) discontinue the public use of, or permanently close, any open space or any part thereof.
(2) Whenever the Corporation discontinues the public use of, or permanently closes, any road or open space the Corporation shall pay reasonable compensation to every person-
(a) who was entitled, otherwise than as a licensee, to use such road or open space or part thereof as a means of access, or
(b) Whose immovable property was receiving air and light on account of such open space or part, and who has suffered damage-
(i) in any case falling under clause (a) from such discontinuance or closure, and
(ii) in any case falling under clause (b) from the use to which the Corporation has put such open space or part.
(3) In determining the compensation payable to any person under sub-section (2), the Corporation may take into consideration any benefit accruing to such person from the construction, provision or improvement of any other road, or open space at or about the same time that the road or open space or part thereof, on account of which the compensation is to be paid, is discontinued or closed.
(4) When any road or open space or any part thereof is permanently closed under sub-section (1), the Corporation may sell or leave such part of it as is not required for its purposes.