In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context,-
(1) "Corporation" means the Damodar Valley Corporation;
(2) "Damodar Valley" includes the basin of the Damodar river and its tributaries;
(3) "member" means a member of the Corporation and includes the Chairman;
(4) "participating Governments" means the Central Government, the State Government of Bihar and the State Government of West Bengal;
(5) "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under section 59;
(6) "State Government" means the Government of Bihar or as the case may be of West Bengal, and "State Government" means the Governments of Bihar and West Bengal;
(7) "regulations" means the regulations made by the Corporation under section 60.