Credit Information Companies (Regulation) Act, 2005
17. Collection and furnishing of credit information.-
1. A credit information company or any person authorised in that behalf by the company may, by notice in writing, in such form, as may be specified by regulations made by the Reserve Bank or as near thereto, require its members being credit institution or credit information company, to furnish such credit information as it may deem necessary in accordance with the provisions of this Act.
2. Every credit institution which is member of the credit information company and every credit information company which is a member of other credit information company shall, on receipt of notice under sub-section (1), provide credit information to the credit information company of which it is a member, within such period as may be specified in the notice.
3. Every credit information company shall provide for such purpose, as may be specified by regulations, the credit information received under sub-section (2), to its specified user on receipt of request from him in accordance with the provisions of this Act and directions issued thereunder by the Reserve Bank from time to time in this behalf.
4. No credit information received under this Act,-
a. by the credit information company, shall be disclosed to any person other than its specified user; or
b. by the specified user, shall be disclosed to any other person;
c. by the credit information company or specified user, shall be disclosed for any other purpose than as permitted or required by any other law for the time being in force.