Copyright Act, 1957
FORM V - Application for registration of changes in the particulars of copyright entered in the Register of Copyrights
(See Rule 16)
The Registrar of Copyrights, h h copyright Office, s New Delhi.
In accordance with Rule 16 of the Copyright Rules, 1958, I hereby apply for registration of changes in the particulars of copyright entered in the Register of Copyrights and request that changes in the existing entries may be made as specified in the enclosed Statement of Particulars.
2. I have sent by registered post copies of this letter and of the Statement of Particulars to the other parties concerned* as shown below:-
Names and addresses of parties Date of dispatch
*See Columns 7,11,12 and 13 of the Register of Copyrights.
3. The prescribed fee has been paid, as per details below:-
4. Communications on this subject may be addressed to:-
[(Note: Ins. by Noti. No. 435(E), dt. 27-4-1992 (w.e.f. 27-4-1992)) I hereby declare that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, no person other than to whom a notice has been sent as per paragraph 2, has any claim, interest or dispute to my copyright of this work, or to its use by me.]
[(Note: Ins. by Noti. No. GSR 602(E), dt. 9-8-1984 (w.e.f. 9-8-1984)) (Note: Para 4-A renumbered as Para 6 by Noti. No. 435(E), dt. 27-4-1992 (w.e.f. 27-4-1992)) I hereby verify that the particulars given in this form and the Statement of Particulars are true to the best of my knowledge, belief and information and nothing has been concealed there from.]
Statement of Particulars
1. Registration Number in the Register of Copyrights.
2. Changes sought in the particulars of copyright as entered in the Register of Copyrights.
Reference to Column Number of the Register of Copyrights Existing entry in the Register of Copyrights Proposed entry in place of the existing entry in the Register of Copyrights Reasons for the changes proposed
1 2 3 4
(2) The works which are being imported in accordance with the particulars in the said Statement are infringing copies of the work described in the said Statement; and
(3) I am interested in the prevention of importation of the said infringing copies for the following reasons :- (State reasons)
(4) The infringing copies are not being imported for the private and domestic use of the importer.
A. - Particulars of the Work and Rights held.
1. Full name, address and nationality of the applicant.
2. Telegraphic address of the applicant.
3. If the applicant is not the owner of the copyright, full name, address and nationality of the owner of the copyright.
4. Description of the work :-
(a) Class of the work (Literary, Dramatic, Musical, Artistic, Cinematograph Film, Record).
(b) Title of the work.
(c) Full name, address and nationality of the author and if the author is deceased, the date of his decease.
(d) Language of the work.
*(e) Name and address of the publisher.
*(f) Year of first publication.
(g) Country of first publication.
(h) If the copyright in the work is registered under Section 45, the Registration Number.
*If the work was appeared as a serial or otherwise in a journal or magazine, give the name of the journal or magazine, the volume number of the issue, the date and page reference.
B. Details of import of infringing copies.
1. Country of origin of the infringing copies.
2. Name, address and nationality of the importer in India.
3. Name, address and nationality of the maker of the infringing copies.
4. Expected time and place of import of the infringing copies into India.
5. In case a consignment of the infringing copies is detected and detained, will the applicant be prepared to go himself or depute an authorized agent to identify the said copies to the satisfaction of the Registrar of Copyrights.
C. Any other relevant information not covered above.
Solemnly affirmed before me by ...................................................................
(full name of deponent in block letters)
Who is known to me personally/who is identified to me by ............................
.............................................. (name of identifier in block letters) x sss who is known to me personally.
Signature and seal of the Magistrate.
(Note: Subs. by Noti. No. GSR 602(E), dated 9-8-1984 (w.e.f. 9-8-1984) (1985 CCL-III-80)).