Co-Operative Societies Act 2008
9. Application for registration
1. No society may commence or continue business unless it is registered in accordance with this Act.
2. Subject to subsection (3) an application for registration under this Act must be submitted to the Registrar in the prescribed form and in such manner as he determines.
3. An application for registration shall be signed-
a. in the case of a society of which no member is a registered society, by at least one-third of the members specified in paragraph (c) of section 12(1) for such a society;
b. in the case of a society where all members of the society are not registered societies, by at least 3 quarters of the total membership of the society; and
c. in the case of a society where all the members are registered societies, on behalf of at least two such societies.
4. An application must be accompanied by-
a. 3 copies of the proposed by- the society;
b. the prescribed application fee; and
c. such other information in respect of the society as the Registrar requires.