Co-Operative Societies Act 2008
Part II Administration
5. Registrar of co-operative societies
1. There shall be a Registrar of Co-operatives appointed by the Governor in Council, who shall have such professional, administrative and other staff as are necessary to assist him in the execution of his duties, and exercising his powers under this Act.
2. The Registrar shall perform the following functionsó
a. the registration of all societies;
b. the supervision of all societies;
c. liaise with all societies;
d. stimulate community awareness;
e. the initiation and encouragement of organized activities for the development of societies.
3. The Registrar may, in writing, delegate any of his functions specified in subsection (2) to a suitably qualified member of his staff or to any other persons or body of persons connected with co-operatives and any function so delegated shall be performed in such manner as the Registrar directs.
4. Nothing in subsection (2) shall authorise the Registrar to delegate the power of delegation that is conferred on him by that subsection.