Co-Operative Societies Act 2008
167. General provisions respecting liquidators
1. Where 2 or more liquidators are appointed, all the provisions in this section with respect to a liquidator apply to all the liquidators.
2. On the appointment of a liquidator pursuant to this Part, all the powers of the directors vest in the liquidator.
3. A liquidator may delegate any of the powers vested in him pursuant to subsection (2) to the directors or members.
4. Where the members of a society appoint a liquidator, they may, at that time or at a subsequent general meeting, pass a resolution giving directions to the liquidator with respect to the disposal of the property of the society.
a. the members appoint a liquidator and do not issue directions pursuant to subsection (4); or
b. a liquidator is not appointed by the members, the liquidator is subject to the directions, orders and instructions of the Registrar with respect to the mode and terms and conditions on which he may dispose of the whole or any part of the property of the society.
6. Where a vacancy in the office of liquidator occurs, the Registrar may appoint another person to fill the vacancy.
7. In all proceedings connected with the society, the liquidator is to be described as the liquidator of the society and not by his individual name only.