The Contingency Fund of India Act, 1950
4. Power to make rules.
[(1)]5* For the purpose of carrying out the objects of this Act, the Central Government may 6*[, by notification in the Official Gazette,] make rules 7* regulating all matters connected with or ancillary to the custody of, the payment of moneys into and the withdrawal of moneys from, the Contingency Fund of India.6*["(2) Every rule made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions. And if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule."]
- The Act has been extended to-- Goa, Daman and Diu by Reg. 12 of 1962, s. 3 and Sch.; Dadra and Nagar Haveli by Reg. 6 of 1963, s.
- and Sch. I; and Pondicherry by Reg. 7 of 1963, s. 3 and Sch. I. 2. Subs. by Act 81 of 1976, s. 2, for "thirty crores of rupees".
- Added by Act 4 of 1980, s. 2 (w.e.f. 22-10-1979).
- The proviso omitted by s. 2, ibid., which was previously inserted by Act 10 of 1972, s. 2 (w.e.f. 9-2-1972).
- S. 4, numbered as sub-section (1) thereof by Act 51 of 1982, s.2.
- Ins. by s. 2, ibid.
- For Contingency Fund of India Rules, see G.S.R.O. Vol. VI, p. 333.