Consumer Protection Regulations, 2005
10. Issue of notice.-
1. Whenever the Consumer Forum directs the issuance of a notice in respect of a complaint, appeal or revision petition, as the case may be, to the opposite party(ies)/respondent(s), ordinarily such notice shall be issued for a period of 30 days and depending upon the circumstances of each case even for less than 30 days.
2. When there is a question of raising presumption of service, 30 days notice shall be required.
3. Whenever notices are sought to be effected by a courier service, it shall be ascertained that the courier is of repute.
4. While appointing the courier for the purpose of effecting service, security deposit may also be taken.
5. Along with the notice, copies of the complaint, memorandum of grounds of appeal, petitions as the case may be and other documents filed shall be served upon the opposite party(ies )/respondent( s).
6. After the opposite party or respondent has put in appearance, no application or document shall be received by the Registrar unless it bears an endorsement that a copy thereof has been served upon the other side.