The Consumer Protection Act, 2019
8. District Consumer Protection Council.-
(1) The State Government shall, by notification, establish for every District with effect from such date as it may specify in such notification, a District Consumer Protection Council to be known as the District Council.
(2) The District Council shall be an advisory council and consist of the following members, namely:-
(a) the Collector of the district (by whatever name called), who shall be the Chairperson; and
(b) such number of other official and non-official members representing such interests as may be prescribed.
(3) The District Council shall meet as and when necessary but not less than two meetings shall be held every year.
(4) The District Council shall meet at such time and place within the district as the Chairperson may think fit and shall observe such procedure in regard to the transaction of its business as may be prescribed.