Consumer Protection Act, 1986
2. Short Title, Extent, Commencement and Application.
(1) This Act may be called the Consumer Protection Act, 1986.
(2) It extends to the whole of India except the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
(3) It shall come into force on such date 1 as the Central Government may, by notification appoint and different dates may be appointed for different States and for different provisions of this Act.
(4) Save as otherwise expressly provided by the Central Government by notification, this Act shall apply to all goods and services.