The Competition Act, 2002
22. Benches of Commission.-
1. The jurisdiction, powers and authority of the Commission may be exercised by Benches thereof.
2. The Benches shall be constituted by the Chairperson and each Bench shall consist of not less than two Members.
3. Every Bench shall consist of at least one Judicial Member. Explanation.-For the purposes of this sub-section, "Judicial Member" means a Member who is, or has been, or is qualified to be, a Judge of a High Court.
4. The Bench over which the Chairperson presides shall be the Principal Bench and the other Benches shall be known as the Additional Benches.
5. There shall be constituted by the Chairperson one or more Benches to be called the Mergers Bench or Mergers Benches, as the case may be, exclusively to deal with matters referred to in sections 5 and 6.
6. The places at which the Principal Bench, other Additional Bench or Mergers Bench shall ordinarily sit, shall be such as the Central Government may, by notification, specify.