Commission of Sati (Prevention) Act, 1987
9. Trial of offences under this Act
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Code, all offences under this Act shall be triable only by a Special Court constituted under this section.
(2) The State Government shall, by notification in the Official Gazette, constitute one or more Special Courts for the trial of offences under this Act and every Special Court shall exercise jurisdiction in respect of the whole or such part of the State as may be specified in the notification.
(3) A Special Court shall be presided over by a Judge to be appointed by the State Government with the concurrence of the Chief Justice of the High Court.
(4) A person shall not be qualified for appointment as a Judge of a Special Court unless he is immediately before such appointment, a Sessions Judge or an Additional Sessions Judge in any State.