Commission of Enquiries Act, 1952
4.Powers of Commission -
The Commission shall have the powers of a
- civil court, while trying a suit under the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 (5 of 1908) in respect of the following matters, namely-
- [ Note: Subs. by Act 79 of 1971, sec. 6, for certain words] Summoning and enforcing the attendance of any person from any part of India and examining him on oath.
- Requiring the discovery and production of any document.
- receiving evidence on affidavits
- requisitioning any public record or copy thereof form any court or office
- issuing commissions for the examination of witnesses or documents
- Any other matter which may be prescribed.