21. Act to have overriding effect.-
Save as otherwise provided, the provisions of this Act shall have effect, notwithstanding anything inconsistent therewith contained in any other law for the time being in force or in any instrument having effect by virtue of any law for the time being in force other than this Act.
1. Subs. by Act 28 of 2018, s. 15, for "Commercial Courts" and "Commercial Court" (w.e.f. 3-5-2018).
2. Subs. by s. 16, ibid., for "Commercial Court" (w.e.f. 3-5-2018).
1[21A. Power of Central Government to make rules.-
(1) The Central Government may, by notification, make rules for carrying out the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for or any of the following matters, namely:-
(a) the manner and procedure of pre-institution mediation under sub-section (1) of section 12A;
(b) any other matter which is required to be, or may be, prescribed or in respect of which provision is to be made by rules made by the Central Government.
(3) Every rule made by the Central Government under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session, or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule, or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.]