8. Executive and other Committees.-
(1) There shall be an Executive Committee of the Board for the purpose of exercising such of the powers and performing such of the duties of the Board as may be prescribed or as the Board may delegate to it.
(2) The Executive Committee shall consist of-
(i) the Chairman,
(ii) the Vice-Chairman, and
(iii) five other members elected by the members of the Board, from among themselves of whom not more than two shall be Government officials and one shall be from among the members representing persons engaged in the production of husks, coir and coir yarn and in the manufacture of coir products.
(3) Subject to such control and restrictions as may be prescribed, the Board may constitute other standing committees or ad hoc committes for exercising any power or discharging any duty of the Board or for enquiring into or reporting and advising on any matter which the Board may refer to them.
(4) A Standing Committee shall consist exclusively of members of the Board.
(5) An ad hoc Committee may include persons who are not members of the Board, but their number shall be less than one-half of its strength.