48. Constitution of Employees' Insurance Court.-
(1) The State Government shall, by notification, constitute an Employees' Insurance Court for such local area as may be specified in the notification.
(2) The Employees' Insurance Court shall consist of such number of Judges as the State Government may think fit.
(3) Any person who is or has been a judicial officer or is a legal practitioner of five years' standing shall be qualified to be a Judge of the Employees' Insurance Court.
(4) The State Government may appoint the same Court for two or more local areas or two or more Employees' Insurance Courts for the same local area.
(5) Where more than one Employees' Insurance Court has been appointed for the same local area, the State Government may by general or special order regulate the distribution of business between them.