Social Security for Unorganised Workers, Gig Workers and Platform Workers
109. Framing of schemes for unorganized workers.-
(1) The Central Government shall frame and notify, from time to time, suitable welfare schemes for unorganised workers on matters relating to-
(i) life and disability cover;
(ii) health and maternity benefits;
(iii) old age protection;
(iv) education; and
(v) any other benefit as may be determined by the Central Government.
(2) The State Government shall frame and notify, from time to time, suitable welfare schemes for unorganised workers, including schemes relating to-
(i) provident fund;
(ii) employment injury benefit;
(iv) educational schemes for children;
(v) skill upgradation of workers;
(vi) funeral assistance; and
(vii) old age homes.
(3) Any scheme notified by the Central Government under sub-section (1), may be-
(i) wholly funded by the Central Government; or
(ii) partly funded by the Central Government and partly funded by the State Government; or
(iii) partly funded by the Central Government, partly funded by the State Government and partly funded through contributions collected from the beneficiaries of the scheme or the employers as may be specified in the scheme by the Central Government; or
(iv) funded from any source including corporate social responsibility fund within the meaning of the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013) or any other such source as may be specified in the scheme.
(4) Every scheme notified by the Central Government under sub-section (1) shall provide for such matters that are necessary for the efficient implementation of the scheme including the matters relating to all or any of the following, namely:-
(i) scope of the scheme;
(ii) authority to implement the scheme;
(iii) beneficiaries of the scheme;
(iv) resources of the scheme;
(v) agency or agencies that will implement the scheme;
(vi) redressal of grievances; and
(vii) any other relevant matter, and a special purpose vehicle may also be constituted by the Central Government for the purpose of implementation of any such scheme.