Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
Commissions to examine witnesses
1. Cases in which Court may issue commission to examine witness.
2. Order for commission.
3. Where witness resides within Court's jurisdiction.
4. Persons for whose examination commission may issue.
5. Commission or request to examine witness not within India.
6. Court to examine witness pursuant to commission.
7. Return of commission with depositions of witnesses.
8. When depositions may be read in evidence.
Commissions for local investigations
9. Commissions to make local investigations.
10. Procedure of Commissioner.
Report and depositions to be evidence in suit.
Commissioner may be examined in person.
Commissions to examine accounts
11. Commission to examine or adjust accounts.
12. Court to give Commissioner necessary instructions.
Proceedings and report to be evidence.
Court may direct further inquiry.
Commissions to make partitions
13. Commission to make partition of immovable property.
14. Procedure of Commissioner.
15. Expenses of commission to be paid into Court.
16. Powers of Commissioners.
17. Attendance and examination of witnesses before Commissioner.
18. Parties to appear before Commissioner.
Commissions issued at the instance of foreign tribunals.
19. Cases in which High Court may issue commission to examine witness.
20. Application for issue of commission.
21. To whom commission may be issued.
22. Issue, execution and return of commissions, and transmission of evidence to foreign Court.