8. Special provision for transfer of employees to the Board.-
(1) On the establishment of the Board, it shall be lawful for the Central Government to transfer to the Board, by order, and with effect from such date or dates as may be specified in the order, any officer or other employee holding office as such in the Directorate of Coconut Development immediately before the date on which the Board is established:
Provided that the scale of pay of the post to which such officer or other employee is transferred shall not be lower than the scale of pay of the post he was holding immediately before such transfer and the other terms and conditions of service (including pension, leave, provident fund and medical benefits) of the post to which he is transferred shall not be less favourable than the terms and conditions of service in relation to the post held by him immediately before such transfer: 5
Provided further that if, immediately before the date of his transfer, any such officer or other employee is officiating in a higher post under the Central Government either in a leave vacancy or in any vacancy of specified duration, his pay and other allowances, if any, on transfer, shall be protected for the unexpired period of such vacancy and thereafter he shall be entitled to the scale of pay applicable to the post under the Central Government to which he would have reverted.
(2) Before any order is issued under sub-section (1), all officers and other employees of the Directorate of Coconut Development shall be give an option in such forms as may be prescribed, and within such time as may be specified in that behalf by the Central Government, to express their willingness or otherwise to become employees of the Board and such option once exercised shall be final:
Provided that no order under sub-section (1) shall be made in relation to any officer or other employee of the Directorate of Coconut Development who has intimated his intention of not becoming an employee of the Board within the time specified in that behalf:
Provided further that such of the persons employed by the Central Government in the said Directorate, who do not express, within the time specified in that behalf, their intention of becoming the employees of the Board, shall be dealt with in the same manner and in accordance with the same rules as would apply to the employees of the Central Government in the event of the reduction of the strength of the Department in which such persons have been employed.
(3) An officer or other employee transferred by an order made under sub-section (1) shall, on and from the date of transfer, cease to be an employee of the Central Government and become an officer or other employee of the Board with such designation as the Board may determine and shall, subject to the provisions of the first and second provisos to sub-section (1), be governed by the regulations made by the Board under this Act in respect of remuneration and other conditions of service (including pension, leave, provident fund and medical benefits) and shall continue to be an officer or other employee of the Board unless and until his employment is duly terminated by the Board:
Provided that till such time as the regulations referred to above governing the conditions of service of its officers or other employees are framed by the Board, the relevant rules and orders framed by the Central Government shall continue to be applicable to such officers or other employees.
(4) If a question arises whether the terms and conditions of service prescribed in the regulations framed by the Board in respect of any matter, including remuneration, pension, leave, provident fund and medical benefits, are less favourable than those attached to the post held by an officer or other employee immediately before his transfer to the Board, the decision of the Central Government in the matter shall be final.