7. Officers of the Board and other staff.-
(1) The Chairman shall be the chief executive of the Board and shall exercise such powers and perform such duties as may be prescribed.
(2) The Central Government shall appoint a Chief Coconut Development Officer to exercise such powers and perform such duties as may be prescribed or as may be delegated to him by the Chairman.
(3) The Chief Coconut Development Officer appointed under sub-section (2) shall have the right to attend the meetings of the Board and its committees appointed under section 9 and take part in the proceedings thereof but shall not be entitled to vote.
(4) The Central Government shall appoint a Secretary to the Board who shall exercise such powers and perform such duties as may be prescribed or as may be delegated to him by the Board or the Chairman.
(5) The Chief Coconut Development Officer and the Secretary shall be entitled to such salary and allowances and shall be subject to such conditions of service in respect of leave, pension, provident fund and other matters as may, from time to time, be fixed by the Central Government.
(6) Subject to such control and restrictions as may be prescribed, the Board may appoint such other officers and employees as may be necessary for the efficient performance of its functions and the method of appointment, the conditions of service and the scales of pay and allowances of such other officers and employees of the Board shall be such as may be provided by the Board by regulations made under this Act.
(7) The Chairman, the Chief Coconut Development Officer, the Secretary and other officers and employees of the Board shall not undertake any work unconnected with their duties under this Act except with the permission of the Central Government.